Dear Church Family,
Lent is upon us and despite a pandemic and blizzards in Texas, we have big plans. I hope you will read to the end so that you don’t miss any option that appeals to you!
- During worship we will have a time for a “ritual action” in every service. You will need:
Ash Wednesday: a bit of dirt or sand (can be from your yard), a candle, lighter or match, and a small bit of water.
Sunday 2-21: a piece of beach glass (in items for pick up or delivery)
Sunday 2-28: beach glass and a clear glass bowl
Sunday 3-7: items from last week and a small pitcher of water
Sunday 3-14: back to just beach glass
Sunday 3-21: beach glass and jewelry wire (also for pick up or delivery)
Sunday 3-28: item from last week and a palm branch
Maundy Thursday: oil with an herb of your choice
Good Friday: same oil with an herb of your choice
- Don’t forget that we will share in Holy Communion each Sunday and on Maundy Thursday. So you will need bread and juice.
- A Story to Tell: Devotions for Lent 2021 will be included for pick up or delivery. You are invited to share in the same daily devotion with other members of our church family. One book per family.
- On Thursday evenings, beginning February 17th, we will meet together through Zoom to study Seven Words: Listening to Christ from the Cross at 7 p.m. You may purchase the book from Cokesbury or Amazon OR just join us for the lessons. Zoom link: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81323906831&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw38iuRa23PGBQAX4RqctJ1L
- You are invited to sign up for 30 minutes of prayer and meditation in the sanctuary. Beach glass will be available to hold while praying and then placed on a cross if you wish. Only one family group is allowed in each 30-minute time slot. You are welcome to sign up as often as you wish, just please allow others an opportunity. Available times are:
Mondays: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Tuesdays: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Thursdays: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Fridays: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Link to sign up: https://signup.com/go/sMUzKAa
- Our monthly Water 2 Wine will be on Monday, February 22. Zoom link:
- Details for signing up for our Tomb Time Prayer Vigil will be coming soon. Remember this is a continuous prayer chain from the end of our Good Friday service until 6 a.m. on Easter morning.
- Maundy Thursday (April 1) and Good Friday (April 2) will both bring you special services with lots of faces and voices. If you are asked to participate, I hope you will say yes. These will all be prerecorded to make a way for the most number of faces and voices.
I’m sure that I’ve forgotten something…. You may begin picking up packets in the church office on Monday. You may also request that the items be delivered or mailed to you. Please remember that there is nothing in life, in death, or in life beyond death that can keep us from the love of God for us in Christ Jesus. God never drops us and we are always ready to worship together as the Body of Christ in the world.
Peace be with you,